Also, watcha out for the gotcha in BaseResponse.py, which can end up doing a default encoding to latin-1 in some circumstances.

I really want to make that hard coded thing configurable in zope.conf at some stage...

Chris

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
I see...  And what python function would you use for conversion ?

I made some tests and was surprised of the results... I switched ZMI to UTF-8 (management_page_charset) and edited some of my
documents / properties and all went fine.
The generated documents are still sent to browsers as iso-8859-1, and are
not broken.

So my question would be : which valid UTF-8 characters (for typical Western
languages like English, French, Spanish, ...) would be invalid in iso-8859-1
?

Last thing, if ZMI is switched to UTF-8, then what is the difference between
ustring/string, etc properties ?

Thanks.

Pascal