Pascal Peregrina wrote:
If what is intended with this code is to monkey patch some class, then I had
a similar problem on 2.8.0 and I solved it by using setattr() instead of
item assignment (and it works with 2.7.6).

It depends, did you try using the recompile method and did it work with your patch?

PS: If you find patches like this that solve problems, I'd really appreciate it if you could feed them back into the collector, or even on a mailing list, that is kinda how open source is supposed to work ;-)