On 5 Oct 2005, at 20:35, Matthew X. Economou wrote:
There is no answer to this question because it cannot be answered.
No one has come against a "limit" yet as far as I know. Hitting RAM
limits depends on the settings you apply to the Zope/ZEO instance(s)
that serve(s) the content and how much RAM you put in, you can
control ZODB memory cache size via zope.conf. No one sets up Zope so
that the whole ZODB is loaded into memory, if that's what you mean.

I got the impression that he was asking about the maximum object size.

Well, the question was actually "What is the maximum size of this file and/or maximum object ID? => just how many objects can the zodb hold?". There is only a theoretical limit that has to do with the largest index key for the ZODB index I believe, and that is some ludicrously high number that no one has ever reached.