2005/10/10, Reinoud van Leeuwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 10:57:25PM +0100, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> > >
> > > yes. the main part of the function is:
> > >
> > >    for brain in self.portal_catalog(portal_type='User',
> > >                                         SearchableText=SearchableText):
> > >         user = brain.getObject()
> > >         if user is None:
> > >             continue
> > >         results.append(getUserInfo(user))
> > >
> > > This works in a pyhton script but not in an external one
> > >

> > I find this hard to believe. But, for the External Method you might
> > need to allow Anonymous to View it if it's at all protected.
>
> Done that
> > What's the output when you do it via xmlrpc? Is it [] or error?
> []

Can you then debug wether it that's because portal_catalog(**kws)
doesn't return anything or because brain.getObject() constantly
returns None?

> I understood that Plone does some extra magic, so I have to setup a
> securoty context... I'll post it here if I have a working solution

Shouldn't really be the problem. Isn't portal_catalog just another
ZCatalog that has nothing to do with Plone except it's located inside
a Plone instance.

> --

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com