On 10/14/05, Dennis Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have been running on Zope 2.7.6 with a few patches.  I am now planning
to migrate to Zope 2.7.8 but am pondering the move to Zope 2.8.  We are in
a production situation and cannot accept any downtime, so I am very
concerned about stability and compatibility.

Can the list provide words of advice?

not an advice, but what we went through ..

i'd suggest 2.8, but test first.  and then test again.  when everything is ok, you can test again. :P

2.8 has many features compared to 2.7.  with zope, testing your instance is not that hard.  install python2.3.5 and zope.  get all your products.  get your data.fs  start zope, fix problems.  surf your site(s)

as somebody mentioned, if you make use a lot of Catalogs, you need to manage_convertIndexes.  and if you use dtml (esp dtml-in with sort=something), you need to move the sort to your catalog queries.

i'm in the second stage of testing and will be going to the next stage (of testing)

hth

p/s - don't forget to test your instance

http://myzope.kedai.com.my - my-zope org