On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:32:48 -0700, David H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I want to soon move from Windox XP to Linux or Unix (intel/amd) for my Zope projects. Just wondering if users experienced with these can recommend versions (freeBSD?, SuSe?, Red Hat? etc) that plays well with Zope and those to avoid.

I would recommend sticking to Linux, as this is the most well-tested Zope platform. Python on *BSD has historically had issues, don't know if that's still the case.

My personal preference is Ubuntu Server, the recent release ships with Plone 2.1 and Zope 2.8 ready to go. The Ubuntu people use Plone for their web site and Zope 3 for a lot of internal projects, so it's safe to say that these pieces of software will be well supported.