Hey,

As you'll hear shortly, ZClasses & DTML are the old way to do things, and are not highly recommended, at this point.   Having said that, I've had success using them.

To Add a ZClass into anything folderish, I've used...

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('manage_addProduct/WWAudioClip/WWAudioClip_factory')">

where WWAudioClip was the name of the Product and its ZClass

I place this in a DTML Method that is at the point I wish the ZClass object to be created, a target if you wish.  Works fine.

This will call the "Add" method in your ZClass.

To Add a regular file object somewhere, I've used..

<dtml-call "this().manage_addFile(File_object_ID, File_object_contents, File_object_title, content_type='audio/mpeg')">

Parameters Zope ID to be set, Contents (string, whatever), and Zope Title, and mime-type (optional)

Google "Zope manage_addFile" for more info

HTH,

Jon

Allen Huang wrote:
I want to create a empty file in a ZClass object when I first created the ZClass object. How do I do that using DTML??

Jonathan Cyr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]