Zope has been a fantastic environment for our application (a front end for
an Asterisk PBX application), but now that more people are contributing to
the development effort, it is becoming a challenge to keep the various
environments in sync. The project is now hundreds of page templates, sql
methods, and python scripts: we desperately need revision control to move
the project forward.

I am wondering if the past CVS Products are compatible with Zope 2.8.

We tried using Revision Manager: it installs ok, I check in the objects,
but after a short period of time, it throws errors when you try to do a
CVS update. Revision Manager is great when it works, but it has been too
buggy.

I tried ZCVSFolder... the "stable" 0.2.7b2 Product would not load in Zope
2.8.1. I was able to load the 0.2.5 version, but had trouble checking my
objects into the repository. Maybe I need to spend more time here.

What is the Roadmap for Revision Control in Zope 2, especially for us
non-Plone users? Am I missing something with Revision Manager? Does it
work for other people with Zope 2.8?

I see that the Zope project itself is using Subversion, are there any
plans for integrating SVN with Zope?

tia,

Mike Schwartz