On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Chris Withers wrote:

Faheem Mitha wrote:

the log says

[Wed Nov 09 03:30:26 2005] [error] [client ...] client denied by server configuration:

This means you likely need to find something else in your apache.conf that's causing this problem...

RewriteRule ^/plone(/.*)?$

That's odd..

Why not just:

/plone(.*)

?

This might actually be your problem, since that question mark means that $1 might not exist for:

http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/https/%{HTTP_HOST}:443/dulci/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_plone$1 [L,P]

I tried

RewriteRule ^/plone(.*)
http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/https/%{HTTP_HOST}:443/dulci/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_plone$1
 [L,P]

This does not make any difference. Does this line, and the rest of the config stuff otherwise look Ok?

Any idea what I might be looking for in the configuration? I'm mostly using the Debian defaults.

Do I correctly understand that this rule will encrypt traffic sent to the Zope instance, and coming out? That is the intention.

Thanks in advance.
                                                                     Faheem.