I would like to insert the results of a query into another table and am doing this from a python script. I am setting the results of a queryequal to a variable with the following:

variable = container.zsql_method(paramater=value)[0][0]

This gives the results I want (in this case "0"), but when I try to insert this variable using another zsql method, I get the following error:

"MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0\n)'"

The value I want is there, but it has a newline character also. I try removing using .replace but then I get the following error:

'long' object has no attribute 'replace'

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Than you very much,