On Nov 16, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Dennis Allison wrote:

I am aware that using ZEO to back session database is likely to increase the opportunity for conflicts, but using a single session database seems
to be reaquired if you want, as we do, to distribute out interactive
application acrosss a cluster of processors cleanly.

Under our current approach, we have multiple Zopes running on multiple
machines, all referencing a shared database of session variables.
This allows a HTTP request to be blindly distributed to any of the
machines.  Given the conflict problems, we may need to rethink this
simplistic architecture.

Sure.  The alternative solutions are:

- "session affinity" load balancing solutions which always send the user to the same appserver instance across some number of requests based on a cookie value or
  the remote IP address.

- session data manager implementations that don't use ZODB. Tres Seaver coded up a drop-in SDM implementation that used MySQL although I'm not sure that it was able to be released OSS at the time. A quick Google search doesn't turn
  up anything, so it's hard to tell.

- C