Hi Tino.

Here are a couple of links that describe it. Boils down to using regular GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE over HTTP using specific URI's to invoke actions - sort of like XMLRPC over HTTP. It occurred to me that perhaps the current webdav server could be modified to handle requests for this purpose. I wondered how sensible this would be and whether anyone else has considered this or other options for setting up another listener for this type of service to their sites.

REST Web Service Conventions:

- Plain XML is the data representation format.
- HTTP is the transfer protocol.
- HTTP's GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE are the access/manipulation verbs.
- URIs point to individual data records (such as catalog items or customer info).
- HTTP authentication and SSL provide security.

http://www.networkworld.com/ee/2003/eerest.html
http://www.osmoticweb.com/rest-web-service-demo.htm
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/01/restful-web.html
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/08/17/restful-web.html