Here are a couple of links that describe it. Boils down to using
regular GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE over HTTP using specific URI's to
invoke actions - sort of like XMLRPC over HTTP. It occurred to me that
perhaps the current webdav server could be modified to handle requests
for this purpose. I wondered how sensible this would be and whether
anyone else has considered this or other options for setting up another
listener for this type of service to their sites.
REST Web Service Conventions:
- Plain XML is the data representation format.
- HTTP is the transfer protocol.
- HTTP's GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE are the access/manipulation verbs.
- URIs point to individual data records (such as catalog items or
- HTTP authentication and SSL provide security.
On Saturday, November 26, 2005, at 09:26 PM, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
Am Samstag, den 26.11.2005, 21:17 -0400 schrieb David Pratt:
Hi. I am looking at how to implement a RESTful web service in Zope2.
Could you expand a bit on whatever a RESTful web service is?
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -