This patch provides an extension:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/Patches/dtml-tree

I haven't yet tried it on 2.8.x but it worked with 2.7.x

Steven

Steven Hayles - Computer Systems Developer, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Learning Technology Section, Computer Centre, University of Leicester, University Rd, Leicester, LE1 7RH Fax (0/+44)116 2525027 WWW <URL:http://www.le.ac.uk/home/sh23>

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Ulla Theiss wrote:

Dear list,

I have a problem using dtml-tree.

The page which contains a dtml-tree should show a dynamic parameter, passed with to url calling the dtml-tree-page.

page_with_dtml_tree?myparam=yup

Before expanding or collapsing the tree, everything works fine.

But if I expand or collapse it, this parameter is forgotten.

I found the dtml-tree-parameter urlparam, which is included in the expanding and collapsing widget links.
<dtml-tree urlparam="myparam=abc">

This works fine with hard coded strings.

* But my string is dynamic! *
How can I pass it?

<dtml-tree urlparam="myparam=<dtml-var myparam>"> produced  syntax-errors.

Has somebody an idea, how to pass it - or how to work around the problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Ulla.