ZSyncer 0.7.0 Released
Version 0.7.0-final (2005/12/15) is available for download from
ZSyncer is a Zope 2 product that allows you to synchronize and compare
objects from one zope (source) to another (destination). It is a lot
more convenient than the old manual export / transfer / import
Noteworthy changes since 0.6.2:
* We now have two-directional sync! Instead of just "sync", we now
have both "put" (like the old sync) and "get" (pulls changes from
the remote system to the client system). Thanks Alan Milligan!
* new method of ZSyncer and ZSyncerTool: callManyRemote() to call
multiple arbitrary methods on the remote system and return a list
* Pretty complete example skins for ZSyncerTool integration with
CMF/Plone. See README.txt for more instructions. Doesn't have all
features yet (e.g. no "pull" support).
* Should work with Zope 2.8 now!
* The "override user" stuff is removed from the UI. You now have to
use the proto://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED] url format. See README.txt for
* The (broken) XMLRPC code has been removed.
* New config variable, "upload_threshold_kbytes", determines the
point at which the server spools data to a temp file instead of
* "delete" now deletes from both local and remote systems.
* SSL connections using ConnectionMgr should now set timeout
* Lots of unit tests!
For bugfixes and older changes, see CHANGES.txt.
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -