On 12/17/05, Jan-Ole Esleben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You should be able to
> design stuff incrementally with a little experimentation along the way
> without constantly impending danger of it all crashing down on you.

I don't undertand why you say that this isn't possible in Zope.

> That's how Python works, and RoR etc. In ZOPE, we're back to the
> temptation to "just stuff a bunch of data into my object". And it's
> not even obvious that this is a problem, because everything is so
> tightly interdependent. It's exactly what Python usually avoids
> ("explicit is better than implicit").

I agree that there is too much implicitness in Zope 2. I don't agree
that persistance is a part of that. It isn't implicit at all. Maybe
it's not easy to understand, but it isn't particularily implicit, and
neither is it uncontrollable, as you seem to say.