could this be one reason to keep fastcgi?

On 12/19/05, Robert Boyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm using Apache 2.0, and I cannot find a solution to passing the
value of REMOTE_USER from Apache to Zope when using a rewrite rule. I
have Apache rewriting requests for Zope, and hooked into Tomcat with
mod_jk. My users login through a servlet, and Apache has REMOTE_USER
available to it. But any subsequent request to Zope loses this value.
I used to have this all working when using FastCGI, but I'm hoping to
use only mod_rewrite. Is it possible?

Thanks,
Rob

David Bear
What's the difference between private knowledge and public knowledge?