Alric Aneron wrote:
 Hello, I am new to Zope and DTML.
I am trying to use a python script to call a Z SQL method. The python script also has a list that <dtml-in inside the ZSQL method interates over. so my python script:
-----python script
words = ['one', 'two']
context.REQUEST.set('wordlist', wordlist)
rs = context.myzsqlmethod()
return rs[0,2]
-----z sql script:
<dtml-in words>
column1 LIKE ('<dtml-var "'%'+sequence-item+'%'">' OR
column2 LIKE '<dtml-var "'%'+sequence-item+'%'">') <dtml-unless sequence-end> AND </dtml-unless>
But it doesn't want to, gives me..
*Error Type: NameError*
*Error Value: name 'wordlist' is not defined

*I tried feeding the variable into the ZSQL arguments list, but i got something like "cannot concatenate a module with a str"
Can anyone please help me?
Thank you!

It complains about 'wordlist' because it is not defined anywhere. Perhaps you mean 'words' in the second line?

To pass a param to the ZSQL method, just say::

This will put it in the namespace.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC