I was getting the following error when attempting to call a stored procedure via a Z SQL Method:
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1312, etc

So I made the following change to /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py:
   def _parse_connection_string(self, connection):
       kwargs = {'conv': self.conv,
'client_flag': 65536 #inserted by CSB

I then restarted Zope. I can now successfully call stored procedures. There may be a better way to do it. Feel free to advise if so.

Apologies if this information has already been posted.