Peter Bengtsson wrote:
On 1/26/06, Brian Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The ClassSecurityInfo is a convenience to provide a
halfway-sane spelling for a lot of ugliness under the
hood in setting up security.

IntializeClass (among other things) tells the CSI to
apply itself to the class to set everything up, then it
gets *removed* from the class.

I can't tell for sure from your code, but I suspect that
IntializeClass is being called on MyProduct *before* you
are doing your class augmentation -- if you can defer the
call until after you hack it, it should work.

No, I did the InitializeClass() *after* everything else.
So still no explaination. For what's going on.

That's because for all classes deriving from ExtensionClass there's a magical call (indirectly) to InitializeClass as soon as they are defined. That's one of the numerous things Jim pioneered with ExtensionClasses, at a time where metaclasses didn't exist.

Florent