Jonathan Cleaver wrote:
I am using the following module to pack my data.fs programmatically before a backup is made. This was largely taken out of the Zopelabs cookbook - thanks!

zeopack.py in the utilities\ZODBTools folder of your Zope distro is what you're after, no need for home-grown hackishness...

Now for the wierd bit. I successfully ran the code that went into this module line-by-line in the Python interpreter. The data.fs was beautifully packed. However, when I run this script from the command line (through another script that acts as a hook) the line "app = Zope.app()" fails with the error "No such file or directory".

My guess is that your environment is set up differently when it fails, PYTHON_PATH and the like...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk