Joshua Gilbert wrote:

I'd like to make a simple DMS, users upload their
PDFs/docs/ps/whatever and then they can search within the documents.

I believe TextIndexNG will index contents of complex file types.

I need to be able to automate the submission of documents as I'm part
of a large research lab, we've accumulated a lot of papers over the

What exactly does "automate the submission of documents" mean?

Other than that I'd like a nice, simple authentication scheme. That's
about it. Dead simple.

Then stick with how it's already set up. Plone provides a nice UI for user management.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC