--On 9. Februar 2006 19:44:37 -0800 David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Zope,

Is it true that even though a user Role like 'author' is defined at zope
root that users defined lower in the hierarchy *also*  with role 'author'
cannot access objects at root with role 'author' and permissions of view
and access?
The online zope book seems to say so.

This is absolutely true (and clear since you are only authenticated on the level and below where your user account is defined).

If so, couldn't we have some extra attribute to a role like "upwardly
mobile"? (I want to share a code base for several folders sub-folders and
I do not wanta to give it anonymous access).

If you want to share something then make it available on a level where all related users have the necessary rights.

-aj