Dear Lennart Regebro

Thanks for replying. If I use the python GUI, which you mention that it no longer use a brower, how would I use GUI to  interact with zope database? How does the client end interact with the GUI?

Lennart Regebro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/10/06, Allen Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> I want to make a web page that could handle mouse events. My primary goal is
> to do some image processing like zooming and panning on an image displayed
> and redisplay it on the same page. But I don't really know how to approach
> this and at the same time interacting with Zope to retrieve relevent
> information from the database.

The method to do this is called "Ajax", and is basically all about
writing the user interface in _javascript_ an d talking to the web server
with XML.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX

> I was reading GUI with python coding but I don't know how to connect it with
> zope database. Is this method possible?

Yes, absolutely, but then you are no longer using a Web-browser. :-)
But sure, that works fine too.

--
Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/