Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:

My website currently runs Zope 2.6 on Red Hat 7.3. I have installed Zope 2.9 to use port 3200 instead of 80.

Does Zope 2 support running two separate instances of two versions of Zope on different ports? I have been able to run Zope 3 concurrently with Zope 2.6 without problem.

When I run bin/runzope in my Zope 2.9 home directory I get the following error on line 60:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '.../Data.fs.lock'

I don't know if this is your problem, but you can't run two instances of the same ZODB unless you use ZEO. (That's my guess, but it depends on how you've installed things.) But it's certainly possible. I have at least three different versions of Zope and at least a dozen different instances on this machine right now.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC