On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:18:35PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
| Derrick Hudson wrote:
| >Chris,
| >
| >On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 01:36:36PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
| >| ZEO & Stepper....
| >
| >Is ZEO required to use Stepper?
| Yes, otherwise you'd have to shut down your Zope instance to run Stepper ;-)
| >Does 'zopectl run' require exclusive access to the database?  (IOW
| >must the zope server be stopped before zopectl run can be used?)
| Not if you're using ZEO.

Thanks Paul and Chris.

| >I just came across this thread and have a situation where this would
| >be useful, however ZEO is not used for that deployment.
| Then introduce it, it's simple to set up and adds a world of
| functionality!

I could.  I'd have to learn how to work with it :-).  The deployments
I've worked with are all single uniprocessor machines, thus ZEO
wouldn't yield a performance improvement.  I should learn ZEO one of
these days.

If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
        John 8:31-32
www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]