Ron Bickers wrote:
the solution without ZEO and without having to stop Zope?
You use ZEO. Get over it, it should be how a standard Zope instance is
set up, IMNSHO...

So, in other words, there isn't one. I take it you're a big fan of ZEO. ;-) I guess I'll check it out. I've been using Zope for 7-ish years and just never bothered.

Well exactly. ZEO is not only for scaling Zope to multiple app serving clients, it's the way that ZODB allows multiple processes to access a single database.

Think of it in the same way as you'd thing of something like MySQLDB, psycopg or DCOracle2...