JulianRead schrieb:
Hi

I have created a zope / plone site which i have deployed on a dedicated
server using linux with fedora core 3.

I have installed zope as root as setup an instance of zope using a different
user.

I am trying to setup zope so that it will start automatically when the
server is rebooted. I have created a symlink in rc.d to zopectl however this doesnt seem to work.

You need the symlink in your rc2.d or whatever your runlevel is.
Usually you have some tools to build the link from
rc.d to S<some number>zopectl in the desired runlevel directory

When i run zopectl i get the message

daemon manager not running
if i enter the start command zope starts. Is there someway of getting
zopectl to run at startup and for it to automattically use the start
command.

sys V style inits like FC4 uses, call all scripts in the runlevel
which follow the S<number><name> schema with the argument "start"

You system documentation will tell you :-)

Regards
Tino