Tino Wildenhain said the following on 2006-03-21 14:51:

Otoh, I have yet to see the figures showing the CPU afinity
buys you anything in reality. We know the GIL, thats for sure
but I never saw a measureable difference binding a process
to a CPU (which is also highly depending on the OS scheduler)

for us, it makes all the difference between "zope sucks, why do we bother with this non-sense, non-standard, butt-slow appserver, and use Java or PHP instead" and "nice, zope based solutions are really nice, not only feature wise, but also speedy. And they are clusterable too, neat!"

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley