--On 25. März 2006 12:42:23 -0500 Daniel Godefroy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just installed zope - icoya and started learning it. I want to use it
with a friend having to access it from his house. My router tells me that
there is a conflict with remote access control using 8080. I tried to use
port 80. From the icoya quick start there was a link to set the server to
listen to port 80. I used it and it notified me that the change was done
and to set the listener to port 80 using the zope.conf file. I modify the
zope.conf file in the etc folder in zope and restarted the server. Then i
was not able to use the quickstart anymore.

Look at your logs for any errors. When running Zope on port 80 you must

- start zope as root user
- setup the uid properly in zope.conf (there is a dedicated directive for

The recommended solution would be to run Zope as unprivileged user on port 8080 (or whatever) and use Apache running on port 80 as reverse proxy
using virtual hosting (which is described e.g. in the Zope Book).

  -   Andreas Jung            ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG                        -
 -   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Web: www.zopyx.com, www.zopyx.de         -