On 3/30/06, robert rottermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I would like to test if zope is running using nagios.
>
> I would be gratefull if somebody could could point me to some info
> how to best do this.
> I am especially interested to learn what to test to detect a running but
> not responding zope.
> Just looking up a page seems not to do the trick.

Looking up the page, and getting a timeout would be a good indicator,
I should think.

Anyway, we use a little nagios plugin from Gocept, get it from their SVN at:

  http://svn.gocept.com/repos/gocept/ZNagios/trunk/

(viewcvs view at: http://svn.gocept.com/viewcvs/ZNagios/trunk/)

It let's us also monitor database size, reference count and the error log.

--
Martijn Pieters