Jed Parsons wrote at 2006-3-31 15:28 -0800:

>I'm trying to perform some logging from external methods.  I've
>discovered that, if you're not careful, you get more and more loggers
>each time Zope reloads the module.  This leads to an ever-increasing
>number of identical entries in the log file, whose timestamps all match
>down to the millisecond.

Hm... Looks like a bug in Python's logging:

  You should not get duplicate log entries when you
  happen to instantiate several logger objects (but use a single one).

That said: most similar problems with "External Methods" can
be solved by putting things in a true Python module and
import it in the "External Method".

--
Dieter