--On 17. April 2006 12:02:17 +0200 Jerry Westrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well Jens, I disagree.

I agree with Jens.

If I where to build my own python, I would have to do formal testing
on all packages which require python, which are quite a few.

If I follow your philosophy to it's logical conclusion,
then I'd end up rolling my own linux, and having a
"private" distribution for each production machine.

Most/all ppl that are serious about deploying Zope don't use
system Python installation but install their private Python installation as
Jens recommended. To be honest: as core developers we can not care and don't care much about broken or somewhat baked system Python installations..almost all distro had some issues...we do basically support only source code installations and we don't have the resources to care about distro specific issue...in this case you should ask the maintainer of the corresponding package.

-aj