--On 17. April 2006 14:42:24 -0300 David Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Andreas. Yes, I have been thinking what type of object would be best.
I was also thinking about putting whole zodb into rdb with something like
PGStorage because my feeling is if I work with zodb strictly, it may bulk
quickly. I guess this is another way of dealing with pickles which I have
been contemplating but in a way that does not change the utility of
objects in Zope. For my knowledge, how exactly are empty attributes dealt
with in BTree so that if say 40 of 70 attributes are empty that it is
handling this efficiently?

I don't know much about BTRee internals but all indexes use large and
sometimes complex BTree structures. Also nested BTrees aren't are problem.
I would say: 40-70 is nothing I would get bad sleep from.

-aj