Erik Billing escribió:

Ok. Thanx. But why is it like this? I imagine that deleting an object in a folder where I do not have permission to delete every object, or the folder itself, is a quite common task. Using the manage_delObjects and a proxy really feels like I'm fighting the zope security instead of getting support by it.

Proxy roles are provided/supported by zope security machinery, where's the fight?

Or am I thinking wrong in the first place? What I really want to do is letting users answer a question object and the answers should be stored somewhere. A user must later be able to change or remove his answer, but of course not the answers of any other user. I place all answers objects belonging to a certain question in one folder, and I have the previously mentioned situation.

The only problem with proxy role (AFAICS) is users being able to delete answers from other users. In your current design the script with proxy role could (should) check if the current user is allowed to delete an answer (looking at some attribute). I don't see a big problem.

I know it is not that much of a problem to use a proxy, but if I can change my design in some way so can avoid the proxy I imagine that would be better.

Well, store all answers from a user in the same folder.