Ok. If proxy is the way to do it, then it is so, even thaw I still think it's a little backwords. But you have a good point Stefan, of course objects may be viewed as an property of the parent container, and the permissions follows from that.  And of course it's not much of a problem to do the security check inside the python script, the question was ment as to ask if this was the right way, which you clearly answered :P

Thank you all for your comments.

/Erik

On 4/18/06, Alexis Roda < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Erik Billing escribió:

> Ok. Thanx. But why is it like this? I imagine that deleting an object in
> a folder where I do not have permission to delete every object, or the
> folder itself, is a quite common task. Using the manage_delObjects and a
> proxy really feels like I'm fighting the zope security instead of
> getting support by it.

Proxy roles are provided/supported by zope security machinery, where's
the fight?

> Or am I thinking wrong in the first place? What I really want to do is
> letting users answer a question object and the answers should be stored
> somewhere. A user must later be able to change or remove his answer, but
> of course not the answers of any other user. I place all answers objects
> belonging to a certain question in one folder, and I have the previously
> mentioned situation.

The only problem with proxy role (AFAICS) is users being able to delete
answers from other users. In your current design the script with proxy
role could (should) check if the current user is allowed to delete an
answer (looking at some attribute). I don't see a big problem.

> I know it is not that much of a problem to use a proxy, but if I can
> change my design in some way so can avoid the proxy I imagine that would
> be better.

Well, store all answers from a user in the same folder.

Sl.