Maslak, Michael wrote at 2006-4-25 10:38 -0400:

>For some reason I thought ZSQL method calls were atomic, but they appear
>otherwise.

Your database decides whether they are atomic or not.
It is not a ZSQL feature.

>Using an eGenix mxODBC Database Connection at
>/Database/PoPy_database_connection to a SQL Server 2000 back end, I have
>created a Python script to write SQL commands and feed them in one large
>string:

Usually, the error should trigger an exception.
Unless you catch the exception, it should cause a transaction
abort/rollback and this should make your database system roll back
the transaction effects.
Up to you, to find out what in this chain does not happen as it should.

--
Dieter