--On 3. Mai 2006 08:11:44 +0200 Gerhard Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The question is why is it impossible to run a zeo as a zeoclient.

Because this usecase was/is never supported.

I can
setup a zeo with a zeoclient storage i See teh invalidations coming from
the backend zeo. So this part works. The part with the client connect
works also. Just the connect between both is missing. And as i said
such a config is descibed in the Zope Book 2.5 version on page 230.

We don't have a paper copy at hand. I can not find any description of your usecase in the 2.7 edition of the Zope Book...please verify it.

Why has the support for such configurations droped in newer versions.

This was never supported.  I think you are misreading something...