Cliff Ford wrote:
This is just to report that this issue is resolved (for me). Tres Seaver kindly provided a patch for that makes the environ dictionary immutable (appended below for those in a similar position). This may have adverse consequences for applications that rely on existing behaviour and Tres has recommended that it would be better to harden the User Folder code. In our case we might also be able to encrypt the remote Username. Once again, thanks to Tres and other list members, who are a wonderful resource.
Completely immutable environ is not a good choice from WSGI point-of-view. environ can be useful for middleware information-passing.

-Jim Washington