Lennart Regebro wrote:
On 5/18/06, Jim Washington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Completely immutable environ is not a good choice from WSGI
point-of-view. environ can be useful for middleware information-passing.

WSGI middleware would by definition get the environ and be able to
modify it before the request gets it, so that isn't a problem.

Yes, not a problem for for middleware -> app communication. But some app -> middleware communication would be impossible if environ is completely read-only. I am assuming that "immutable" here means "read-only".

What if a middleware app puts a key in environ specifically for the app to write e.g., post-processing parameters? I have a use case for that.

-Jim Washington