--On 11. Juni 2006 13:35:40 -0600 Mark Gibson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<-- This doesn't evaluate to true -->
nothing">THIS DOESN'T SHOW UP</div>

As you can see, the second expression doesn't evaluate to True.  Can
someone explain the subtleties I seem to be missing?

The '|' inside a path expression is *not* a logical OR. Subsequent path expression will only be evaluated in case an earlier expression raised a KeyError or AttributeError(possibly only KeyError...you have to check the docs). Since 'results' evaluates perfectly without exceptionno other path expression is evaluted. This is documented more or less perfecly in the Zope Book (ZPT reference I think).

-aj