Mark Gibson wrote:

I thought I knew how this stuff worked, but this has gotten me banging my head against a wall.

I'm trying to evaluate a condition expression, and I'm not getting what I expect when using path, and I get a different result when using python. The following expressions

results=<span tal:content="results" /><br />
dosearch=<span tal:content="request/dosearch | string:NO SEARCH" /><br />
querytpe=<span tal:content="request/querytype | string:NO QUERYTYPE" /><br />

<!-- test with python: this gives me what I expect -->

<-- This doesn't evaluate to true -->

----
Produces:
results=[]
dosearch=NO SEARCH
querytpe=mps
TRUE IN PYTHON

As you can see, the second expression doesn't evaluate to True. Can someone explain the subtleties I seem to be missing?

Thanks,
Mark

http://www.eset.com

Mark,
Just looking at your second example:
<-- This doesn't evaluate to true -->

If you replace '| nothing' with '| default' you will get "THIS DOESNT SHOW UP"

David