On Jun 20, 2006, at 2:55 PM, William Heymann wrote:
That is probably a good idea for long term to change things that way and I would like to rewrite it. However right now I don't really want to rewrite
the way the current system works. I had hoped I could just use
get_transaction().commit() almost immediately after seeing the data from
Verisign.

Sure, you can do this, although the new spelling is "import transaction; transaction.commit()". I guess the only real problem with doing this is that you don't always know exactly what you're committing if you can't guarantee a fixed starting point as an invariant (e.g. if you kick off the method that does this *not* as a result of a request from Verisign). It might also be a little confusing for Verisign to get an error response from your server sometimes but not other times even though you record the info regardless of the eventual response, but maybe they don't attempt to retry failed requests.

I do like the idea of ClockServer though and I will probably start playing with it soon to see how it will work for me. Does it work with zope 2.9 also?

Yes.  It will ship with 2.10.

- C