--On 24. Juni 2006 22:45:10 +0800 "Sinang, Danny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Click on "update catalog" in the Advanced tab or use the
method of the ZCatalog (described in its interfaces.py file).

refreshCatalog() is exactly what I was forced to use in the first place.

I was wondering if there exists an alternative function / method that
won't require refreshing / reindexing the entire Catalog.

That's the official ZCatalog API. Otherwise find your objects through a catalog search and reindex them individually.