On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 09:50 +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 6/27/06, John Schinnerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is a basic principle of design that works (as opposed to design
> > that fails to work).
> > Start small and work the edges outwards.
> > The "work edges outwards" that works is often modular in nature (perhaps
> > a.k.a. 'micro-sites').
> > That doesn't mean it can't look-and-feel like "one big site as access
> > point."
> >
> > Biting off more than one (person, organization, whatever) can chew
> > usually results in choking...
> Exactly my points.
> > So I actually see a lot of agreement in what may appear to be argument.
> Well, the proposal is to start only with the accesspoint (and the
> origonal proposal did not contain anything else than the access point,
> and also proposed it to be interim, for some reason).
This is not true Lennart.  I'm not going to keep arguing with you; but I
think it was clear from what I originally sent this is not as you
describe it.  Of course, I wrote it - and maybe I'm thinking more to
myself about what I mean then saying it.

>  We can't start
> with only the accesspoint, as we would have no product listing and ...
I wonder how all the other successful projects out there manage to not
have an arbitrary products listing managed in their sites.  PHP, JAVA,
RoR, Python, ad nauseum.  I just don't see how it's the sole stopping
point.  Write the 'Zope product' management software and expose it as a
service - put it on the site.  Nearly everyone uses Google to find
anything they care about anyhow.

No one said bag the collectors.  Rewrite http://www.zope.org/Collectors/
to collectors.zope.org and that's done.
> no collector other than at old.zope.org, which would be completely
> bizarre. We have to start, as a minimum, with creating a
> products.zope.org and a collector.zope.org (or maybe rather
> bugs.zope.org) before we can replace www.zope.org.
> None of this is hard to do. It should be doable in a couple of days worth of
> work, in
> any case less than a week.
Are you volunteering to do those two things in the next week?  If so,
then maybe we can move forward if the foundation has interest.