On 7/6/06, Max M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This code below works in plain Python. But when I add them to my zope
class, and run the tester() method I get an "Attributer Error:

Descriptors in general are not guarantteed to work on old-style
classes.  Your PropTest class certainly looks like it falls into that
category (I'm assuming you didn't elide anything for brevity), so I
wouldn't expect it to work.

That said, reading such a descriptor will work for classic classes.
The real error is getting masked, however: it's not that
__ac_local_roles__ isn't defined, it's that __mxm__ac_local_roles__
isn't defined, and the getter isn't dealing with that effectively (or,
it is, depending on your opinion).

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca