On Jul 11, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Jonathan Bowlas wrote:

Is there any tool we can use to test to see if Zope has actally crashed?

At our company, we wrote something that checks the trace.log file to check the status of the current zope requests. The trace.log file records when a new network connection is opened, when a thread starts processing a request, when a thread is done publishing, and when it has finished writing. The tool continuously re-reads the end of the file looking for new data records and turns those into SNMP data for the number of active requests, the number of queued requests, and the average response time.