We're considering Zope 3 for some new sites and for re-factoring some existing
projects.

Initially, we want to use it as an authentication engine for the existing
sites and then then it will control the new sites as they come online.

This is early stages  (I haven't managed to install Zope 3 yet) so we have
some reading to do but I wonder if I could get some answers to a couple of
simple questions:

1. I assume the Zope 3 authentication engine is at least as capable as the
Zope 2 one in that you can assign roles to users and require roles for a page
to display?

2. Is it possible to keep the users' passwords in clear text so they can be
emailed if the user requests it?

3. Where is the API documented that we call to check if a user/password
combination is valid?

4. Where is the rest of Zope 3 documented? I've found this
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book

but it doesn't seem complete.

Thanks for any help.
--