On 7/14/06, Dale Strickland-Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1. I assume the Zope 3 authentication engine is at least as capable as the
Zope 2 one in that you can assign roles to users and require roles for a page
to display?

Yes

2. Is it possible to keep the users' passwords in clear text so they can be
emailed if the user requests it?

Yes

3. Where is the API documented that we call to check if a user/password
combination is valid?

Within Zope3 itself; you get a full-featured API browser built in. The
pluggable auth interfaces can be looked up there.

4. Where is the rest of Zope 3 documented? I've found this
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book
but it doesn't seem complete.

There are two books on Zope 3 for sale, one by Stephan RIchter and and
one by Philipp von Weitershausen. Both are somewhat behind the times
as Zope 3 has evolved rapidlly.

--
Martijn Pieters