--On 22. Juli 2006 17:08:43 +0330 Mohsen Moeeni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi;

My folder (which extends ATFolder from ATContentTypes) has
a `catagory` attribute (field) which I want to be present in the
catalog both as index and metadata. So I have added the
`category` FiledIndex and metadata to my catalog object.
Everything is fine when I look at my indexed custom folder in the
catalog. However, the problem is that the subobjects of this
folder will also have the same value as their parent for the category
index and metadata because of the acquisition. Can I prevent this?

Look at ManageableIndexes...they provide control over acquistion while indexing.

-aj