On 7/22/06, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--On 22. Juli 2006 17:08:43 +0330 Mohsen Moeeni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi;
> [snip]
> ..... However, the problem is that the subobjects of this
> folder will also have the same value as their parent for the category
> index and metadata because of the acquisition. Can I prevent this?

Look at ManageableIndexes...they provide control over acquistion while

Thanks. I wish I could do it without installing a new product.
Actually I could get the same effect but with a little bit of
hackiness. I added a `category` index which indexed
`_getCategoryForCatalog` method which can not be acquired
by subobjects because it start with `_`.

At any rate, either of these approaches solve half of the problem.
The other half is to do the same thing for a metadata. I doubt
it's easy to do that because unlike an index, metadata is not